Canada Separation Agreement
Have you and your spouse decided to separate? Put the terms of the separation in writing with this Separation Agreement for Canada.
- The Agreement provides for custody of and access to the children of the marriage (if any), and the amount of spousal support and child maintenance to be paid by one spouse to the other (if any).
- Joint debts will be paid by both parties, and debts owed by one of the individuals will be paid solely by the person owing the debt.
- The parties will agree on how property jointly owned by both spouses will be divided. Property owned by only one person will belong to that person.
- There is a section dealing with the disposition of the matrimonial home, which must be agreed on by both parties.
- Each spouse must list his or her assets and liabilities.
- The form includes an Affidavit of Execution form (to be sworn by a witness), a Certificate of Independent Legal Advice or an Acknowledgement and Waiver of Independent Legal Advice (whichever is appropriate).
- You will need to see a lawyer for independent legal advice before signing this form.
Ending a marriage is never easy, but putting everything in writing can smooth out some of the wrinkles. Download this Canada Separation Agreement to get you started.
Download: Canada Separation Agreement
Available from: MegaDox.com
NOTICE: The information and
links contained on this web page are intended only to be merely informative and
are NOT intended to provide legal advice to any person/entity. Consult with and
seek the advice of a qualified lawyer. E.&O.E.
Click here for important legal disclaimer.